Bachelor of Physiotherapy- II year
Paper Code – 03050203
Note: For Paper setters /Examiners
- Paper setter is required to set eight questions from the entire syllabus out of which 5 questions is to be attempted, each carrying 16 marks.
(At the end of the session the student should be able to)
|1||GENERAL PHARMACOLOGY||Describe pharmacology ,its division ,routes of administration,factor affecting dose of a drug and various mechanism of action of a drug.||To cover:
1. Definition division of pharmacology, dosage, forms, drug nomenclature.
2. Routes of administration, advantages & disadvantages of commonly used routes of administration.
3. Factors affecting dose of a drug,bioavailability and other important pharmacokinetic parameters.
4. Various mechanism of action of a drug.
5. Adverse drug reaction include drug.
6. Adverse drug reaction including drug allergy idiosyncrasy. Drug interactions synergism antagonism etc
|2||Autonomic Nervous system||Describe the various drugs including their mechanism ,uses ,therapeutic uses and adverse effects on Autonomic Nervous System||To cover
1. Sympatho mimetic drug, therapeutic uses of adrenaline etc.
2. Beta adrenergic blockers & alpha adrenergic blockers.
3. Para sympatomimetic drug, their therapeutic uses and uses and adverse effects and treatment of myasthenia gravis.
4. Atropine, Atropine substitute & treatment of organ phosphorus poisoning
|3||PERIPHERAL NERVOUS SYSTEM &AUTOCOIDS||Describe the various drugs including their mechanism ,uses ,therapeutic uses and adverse effects on Peripheral Nervous System with special emphasis on muscle relaxants||To cover
1. Skeletal muscle relaxants.
2. Centrally acting muscle relaxants.
3. Local anaesthetics.
4. Anti histaminics (HI blockers).
|4||Central nervous system
|Describe the various drugs including their mechanism ,uses ,therapeutic uses and adverse effects on Central Nervous System
With special emphasis on anti parkinsonian drugs and NSAIDS
1. Pre Anaesthetic medication & G.A. and steps of anaesthesia.
2. Analgesics – NASID’s Opioids.etc.
3. Anti – Parkinsonian drug & Treatment of neurodegenerative disorders.
4. Sedative & hypnotics & Treatment of Insomnia.
5. Antiepileptic drug & Treatment of epileptics.
6. Ethyl alcohol drug of addiction treatment of Methyl alcohol poisoning
7. Drug used in common psychiatric disorders
|5||ENDOCRINES||Describe the various drugs including their mechanism ,uses ,therapeutic uses and adverse effects on Endocrine System||To cover
1. Anti diabetes drug Treatment of Diabetes mellitus & Diabetic keto acidosis.
2. Gluco corticoids.
3. Anabolic steroids.
4. Ca++Metabolism, Treatment of osteoporosis etc.
5. Thyroid and anti thyroid drugs
|Describe the various drugs including their mechanism ,uses ,therapeutic uses and adverse effects on Gastrointestinal System||To cover
1. Laxative & purgative and treatment of constipation.
2. Anti diarrhoeal drugs & treatment of diarrhoea.
3. Drug for gastric and peptic ulcer.
4. Anti emetics
|7||CHEMO-THERAPY||Describe the various drugs used in chemotherapy and their indications||To cover
( General consideration with use of AMA)
1. Penicillin’s &Sulphonamides.
2. Broad spectrum Antibiotics.
3. Aminoglycosides & Treatment of urinary tract infection.
4. Macrolides & Misc. AMA.
6. Anti TB, HIV, AIDS drugs.
7. Anti leprosy drug
8. Introduction to anti cancer drugs
9. Treatment of amoebiasis, helminthes infection.
10. Antifungal drugs.
11. Anti septic& disinfectants
|8||CVS & BLOOD
|Describe drugs used for cardiovascular disorders and heamatological diseases||To cover
1. Anti hypertensive& Treatment of hypertension etc.
2. Anti angina drug& Treatment of MI.
3. Drugs used in shock, Treatment of anaphylactic shock and Hemorrhagic shock etc.
4. Iron – deficiency anemia and other anaemias.
5. Antiplatelet drug, anticoagulants, fibrinoyltic agents
|Describe drugs acting on skin and their mechanism
Describe drugs used bronichial asthma
Describe general principles of treatment of poisioning
Describe various drugs banned in sports
Describe various vaccinations
1. Drug acting on skin e.g. Lotions liniments ointments.
3. Heavy metal antagonists & general principles of treatment of poisoning.
4. Antitussives & Bronchial asthma drugs.
5. Drugs banned in sports & Athletes.
6. Vaccines & sera, Immunization schedule.
- Essentials of pharmacology by Surendra Singh
- Pharmacology by Bhattacharya Sen ray choice editor P.K. Das
- Clinical Pharmacology by Sennet.